But that’s all I’m gonna say for now.
And due to the time difference between There (England) and Here (St. Louis, Missouri, USA), it has taken me until now to tackle the subject.
So with no further ado:
7 Things You May or May Not Know About Me
(subtitle: unless you’re Jeff or my parents, in which case you already know far, far more about me than you care to, or should.)
This shall be an especial challenge considering that I’ve been blogging in one form or another for the better part of a decade (!!) so I am truly challenged to think of seven unique personal facts that haven’t been spewed into the ether at some point already.
1) About a year ago, I discovered a deep, passionate love for buffalo sauce. Since then, I have sought to ingest it in as many ways as possible, except for in its original form. For lunch today (transparent inspiration – score 1) I dipped some baked chips into it. And it was delicious. And as long as we’re being honest, that’ll probably be my snack ’round 3:00 or so, also.
2) When I was in the 3rd grade, we did a science unit on the solar system and I was assigned to be Jupiter and I had to wear a Jupiter costume and at the time I was quite distraught that the costume made me look fat. To this day, I cringe at the memory (both of wearing a Jupiter costume, and of my 9-year-old self-consciousness).
3) I carry a pocketknife – have for years (any day that my skirt/pants have pockets, that is). It mainly gets used for trimming yarn while I KIP. It’s small and ‘girly’ and has scissors and a teeny flashlight and a pen and I ❤ it.
4) I frequently sleep with one leg under the covers and the other leg on top. Then sometimes I roll over and switch legs. I heartily endorse this system.
5) Even now – over a year after moving away – I would still love to move back to Kirksville and live there forever. If only we could sort out pesky details like, y’know, “employment.” Psh.
6) When I light a candle or incense and blow out the match, I’ll then dash to the kitchen so I can run water over the match while it’s still hot, and hear the “hsshtsh” sound of the match going cool. I love that sound.
7) I psyche myself out way too easily about insignificant things. For example, I just dedicated the better part of 10 minutes in a state of serious concentration on an coming up with an appropriate #7 for this list, to the point that I found myself completely unable to come up with an idea.
PS>Got confirmation from the dr’s office yesterday afternoon – it’s mono. I’m using today and the weekend to relax hardcore (sleep and knit) with the hope that I’ll be “right as rain” (by some interpretation of the term) in time to go back to work on Monday and face all the chaos that has certainly ensued in my absence.
Edit: Apparently I’m supposed to tag 7 people. Oops.
Annie! (if you have time on that busy tour…)
Tag! You’re it!