I love this survey that has been making its rounds lately, because it’s not just the same ol’ boring questions that always float around. 🙂
1. Explain what ended your last relationship?
I’d call it, “waking up from teenage stupidity”.
2. When was the last time you shaved?
Ummm…Monday? Probably time to re-do, eh?
3. What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.
Laying in bed plotting out my day. And yes, I would call it “plotting”. Of the diabolical kind. And by “bed” I meant “lair.”
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Killing innocent plants.
5. Some things you are excited about?
Jeff’s awesome opportunity for the summer, even if it means I’ll be lonely a bunch. (Hopeful) vacation in August. My newfound hobby. Working on my bike. And in the short term, dinner tonight.
6. What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O?
It’s been so long I can’t even imagine.
7. Your prom night, what do you remember about it?
Dinner at one of those Japanese places where they cook the food in front of you. My dress was gold and white and my friend’s sister did my hair. After the dance (which was at an airport hotel ballroom) we went back to a friend’s house and watched movies and stayed up all night, and I ate about 5lb of peanut M&M’s because I’d been fasting for the previous two weeks to fit into aforementioned gold and white dress.
8. Do you have any famous ancestors?
No, but my descendants will.
9. Last thing received in the mail?
Shoes I ordered online, which didn’t fit. SADFACE.
10. How many different beverages have you had today?
Tea and Diet Coke. And later I’ll probably have more Diet Coke. Wish I could say something different like “I started the day with a nutritious and delicious smoothie, had orange juice with lunch, then 6 glasses of water, then a martini in the evening.” But, alas.
11. Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
The only people I know with an answering machine are my parents. They’re SO 1990’s!
12. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
No but I write “POOP”. For I am a 12-year-old boy.
13. Any plans for Friday night?
Probably attend a rave, lose my pants, and wake up in a strip club parking lot in East St. Louis. Or, sit home and knit. One or the other. Haven’t decided yet.
14. Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Don’t know. But I like what the Florida humidity does to it!
15. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
We used to get them when I was a kid. I’d always combine the cheddar and the caramel and it would gross my brother out.
16. Do you re-use towels after you shower?
We use them for about a week, generally. Then we trade. Wait…are you supposed to wash towels?
17. Describe your keychain(s)?
Round, silver, has a little coil bit that’s good for shredding your thumbnails.
(that’s rather boring. How about: “Born and raised in a small town outside Las Vegas. Works in the mail room of a large marketing/PR company. Tried to be passionate about opera, but later realized it was rather apathetic about the whole thing. Usually falls asleep in the duct-taped old leather recliner at night, watching fishing shows because they remind him of his grandpa, who raised him after his mother ran off to be an exotic dancer in Edmonton after she was no longer up to Vegas “standards”. Craves Chik-fil-a, but only on Sundays. On the rare occasion he holds a baby, he does so with supreme awkwardness. Never wears matching socks.” Better?)
18. Where do you keep your change?
Up your mom’s butt.
19. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
Never. I immediately fall silent upon entering a room containing more than 3 or 4 people.
20. What kind of winter coat do you own?
Warm and cute. Warmer and not-so-cute. Not-so-warm and cuter.
I hope you all fill it out, too – and share a link here with your answers! 🙂 *
*don’t feel pressured to be a smartass, though. It’s an affliction which haunts me daily; I cannot escape.