(Yeah, I haven’t done one of these in about six months. Yeah, they’re “supposed” to be on the 10th. But what are you gonna do? Send the blogging police after me?)
1. Routine bicycle maintenance. Especially when it’s something I already know how to do. Double especially when it works.
2. The anticipation leading up to a concert that you know is gonna be SUPER AWESOME. Are they going to play your favorite song? What about fun random covers? Or new songs that you’ve not heard before? OMG WHAT IF THEY ANNOUNCE A NEW ALBUM?!
3. That moment when you know that something’s gotta be done, and instead of sitting back and stewing about it you feel yourself just set the computer aside, stand up, and go be productive. It’s like a productive, benign demon has taken possession of my body.
4. The daily ritual of walking to the lounge and fetching hot water for tea. Tea!
5. Dinners with relatively little prep work and lots of simmer time.
6. Writing letters. Why doesn’t this happen anymore? Does a half-hour email to a far-flung friend count?
7. Kitten noses.
8. Lovely, cozy, handmade, broken-in goodness.
9. Multi-craftural-ism. Because tonight, I may work on a quilt. Or cross-stitch. (To procrastinate on the holiday knitting, you see.)
10. When rarely-updated blogs finally put up a new post – it’s like mini-Christmas!
11. Rows of shoes, lined up in tidy pairs.
12. Have I mentioned tea?
13. Deep, muted jewel tones.
14. Thinking about all the fun things you’re going to do tonight, while a little piece of your mind remains cognizant that you’ll probably only manage about half of them.
15. That feeling right after you realize that you truly did get something *exactly right*.
What do you love today?