This yarn has proven…troublesome.
First it was the sleeve and half the back of a Wispy. ‘Till I decided that I just can’t be an “embrace pooling and run with it!” person.
Then it was the top bit of a knee sock, following the numbers/measurements from this formula. ‘Till I decided that I didn’t want to make a sock fit for an elephant with a glandular disorder (Clearly my measurement skills were sub-par…).
Then it was the top bit of a knee sock, following the modified numbers/measurements from the above formula. ‘Till I decided that I didn’t want to make a sock fit for a sumo wrestler (I didn’t modify the formula enough).
Now, this yarn – in its fourth iteration – is the top bit of a knee sock, fit for a me-sized human:
The formula told me 112 stitches of rib. I ended up with 88.
The formula told me to make a 120-stitch calf. I ended up with 96.
I’m throwing that freaking formula out the window, and I love it.
I also – despite knitting the same 100 yards from the same two skeins four separate times (frogging alternating skeins can suck a bag of dicks) – still love this yarn. I just needed to let it speak to me, and tell me what it wants to be.
We’re cool now.