Things to know about me:
- Almost all photos on my blog are taken with my trusty Nikon D40 and 18-55 kit lens. I love my camera and highly recommend it to any enthusiastic amateur.
- I’m married to Jeff, who’s currently in law school. The day after we moved in together, we adopted two cats. The day after we attended an Obama rally (coincidence), we adopted a dog. At some point we’ll have kids, who we’ll call “Hooplings” because that’s cute.
- I have pink cowboy boots that I wear at least once a week, which make frequent guest appearances here on the blog. I love them. In fact, I love all my boots more than a person probably should love inanimate objects.
- Once in a while I’ll post a recipe on here. I’m a pollo-lacto vegetarian (meaning chicken, dairy, and fish is a-OK with me!), and I firmly believe in wholesome ingredients, simple foods and everyday indulgence. I avoid almost all preservative-filled “convenience” items like the plague. Baking is my favorite, and homemade bread is my specialty.
- I alternate between periods of knitting furiously and stashing furiously, and with any luck they balance one another out.
- I have strong hippie-ish leanings. But I’m also a little bit country and a little bit rock ‘n roll. I’m just…myself. I defy stereotypes, including the “i-defy-stereotypes” stereotype.
- I can knit, crochet, sew, piece quilts, quilt quilts, cross-stitch, and many other miscellaneous crafts. I can NOT embroider. I’ve tried. My grandma laughed at me, it was so bad.
But in the short-term, just know this:
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
…or find me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/kateohkatie